Wednesday, March 13, 2013

REVIEW: Etude House Sweet Recipe Berry Baby Choux Base


Hello Everyone! As you know I was invite in the unveiling of Etude House Product Lauch last February at Tours les Jours and this was included in the press kit they gave us. 

This base claims to have:
 Flawless Brightened Coverage, Sebum Control, Moist Creamy Texture & Makeup lasts longer.


This will be part one as I received 2 Baby Choux Base:
#1 Mint Choux - A Green Base - to conceal redness (ideal for Acne or Problematic Skin)
#2 Berry Choux - a light salmon shade (ideal for Pale skin)

Now on to the review shall we..

Etude House is know for their cute packaging as you can see above

 Instructions in English & Korean 
It has SPF25 with a PA ++ 

The ingredients (click to enlarge)

It comes in a 25g glass jar. 
Who can resist this packaging? its simple yet sweet!

and the product.. it reminds me of whipped cream 

picture taken with flash on 

Swatches:
taken without flash 
taken with flash

blended taken without flash
blended taken with flash 
as you can see it covered my veins 
reflective in flash photography

I usually don't like products that are scented but this one has a nice mild peachy scent that's addicting! (is it just me? ^_^) For a primer the texture is light, smooth, creamy & not sticky at all! remember a little goes a long way, application is easy and blends well too!

Let's test this baby on my face: 
note: all photo's taken under natural lighting

My bare face

applied on my skin without moisturiser and blended 
as you can see my face looks smooth but its a tad lighter than my neck
with Precious Mineral All Day Strong BB Cream, blush & gloss on my face.
It has a natural finish & brightened my face. This was taken at 1pm before I went out of the house to do some errands & stuffs.

Taken at 9pm after 8 hours of being out walking under the sun & commuting to and from several destinations. As you can see my bb cream is still intact.

 Overall I love this product! I like how the way it brighten my skin and it looks natural on my face. It controls my oil very well, I only had to blot once with my blotting film in my t-zone area. 



PRO:
• SPF 25 PA++
• Not sticky
• Feels light on skin
• easy to blend
• controls oil
• cute packaging
• three variants available
• made my bb cream/foundation last longer
• a little goes a long way
• P628 for 25g


CONS:
no spatula
reflective on flash photography
mild scent (if you are not fond of scents on your products)
glass tub might break if dropped


THE VERDICT:
Cheaper than other primers, I would say this cream delivered its claim.
Do I recommend this: yes with its lasting and oil control power.
Will I repurchase: yes but in #3 Peach Choux as this is ideal for yellow undertone.


Watch out for Part 2 where in I will be reviewing #1 Mint Choux Base 
What are you waiting for? check out your local Etude House Philippines and grab this baby!






11 comments:

  1. My Baby Choux bases are still inside the 'house'. I haven't tried them! Hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice product review,it's my 1st time on your blog but I must say you have a very nice beauty blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting my blog ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the jar wasn't made of glass. But I'm good with everything else, including the scent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Etude House tho I don't buy a lot of products from them. Yeah, very cute packaging. This one is new noh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, it's new one of their sweet recipe collection which is now available at any etude store's here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like putting scented products on my face too. I guess most Korean beauty products are scented.



    Does it appear cakey hours after use?


    PS

    I hope you would say HI next time! See you around!



    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
  8. surprisingly it doesn't look cakey at all :) It made my bb cream last longer too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The product can really help brighten up one's face and conceal some scars and facial marks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After all that nobela, nabura lang just because I had to login to disqus...heheh! Anyway, as I was saying, the base looks okay on you since you are fair skinned. Primers do work wonders and I can really see a difference when I apply foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great review! i love etude house too! i've been using their Bb cream for a while now and my sisters love all their sutffs! xx

    ReplyDelete

Labels

ALOVE VERA (1) APRICOT (1) ART OF BEAUTY WORKSHOP (1) ASIAN COSMETICS (2) BABY CHOUX BASE (2) BB CREAM (1) BB CREAM REVIEW (1) BB CREAM SWATCHES (1) BEAUTY (1) BERRY BABY CHOUX (1) BLOG EVENT (2) BLOG EVENTS (1) BLUSHER (1) BOROUGH PODIUM (1) BOROUGH RESTAURANT (1) BRONZER (1) CHARM BRUSHES REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL BRUSH SET REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL PRO BRUSH REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL PRO BRUSH SET V3 REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL PRO V3 (1) CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE (1) CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE SHEET MASK REVIEW (1) COLLECTIVE HAUL (2) CONTEST (2) CREAMY PENCIL (1) DICKINSON'S (1) DRAWING SHOW (1) ELF (2) ELF POWDER BRUSH REVIEW (1) ETUDE HOUSE (13) ETUDE HOUSE DRAWING SHOW CREAMY PENCIL (1) ETUDE HOUSE HAPPY TEA TIME MILK TEA CLEANSING CREAM (1) ETUDE HOUSE HAPPY TEATIME MILK TEA CLEANSING CREAM (1) ETUDE HOUSE JUNE 2012 PRESS KIT (1) ETUDE HOUSE LIP AND EYE REMOVER (1) ETUDE HOUSE LOVELY COOKIE BLUSHER (1) ETUDE HOUSE LOVELY COOKIE BLUSHER CARROT CHEESECAKE (1) ETUDE HOUSE PHILIPPINES (10) ETUDE HOUSE PLAYHOUSE (3) ETUDE HOUSE PLAYHOUSE PINK FAIR EVENT (1) ETUDE HOUSE PRIMER (2) ETUDE HOUSE SKIN CARE (3) EVENT (5) EVENTS (2) EYE MAKEUP (1) EYE MAKEUP REMOVER (1) EYE SHADOWS (1) EYELINER (1) EYESHADOW (1) FACE (1) FACE BASE (2) FACE SHOP NAIL POLISH (1) FLAT TOP BRUSH (1) FOREVER 21 (1) FOREVER 21 NATURAL PALETTE (1) GIVEAWAY (4) GIVEAWAYS (2) HAPPY TEA TIME GREEN TEA (1) HAUL (4) HAULS (2) IMPRESS (1) JAPANESE BRAND (2) JYJ (1) KANEBO (2) KANEBO EVENT (1) KANEBO EYE SHADOW PALLET (1) KANEBO WIDE EDGE EYES (1) KATE (1) KOREAN FACIAL CLEANSER (1) KOREAN FACIAL WASH (1) KOREAN MAKE UP (2) KOREAN SKIN CARE (1) LAUNCH (1) LOOSE SHIMMER POWDER (1) LOVE AND BEAUTY (1) LUNASOL (1) MAKE UP (2) MAKEOVER (1) MAKEUP (2) MAKEUP BRUSHES (1) MAKEUP REMOVER (2) MEG (2) MILK TEA (1) MINT BABY CHOUX (1) MIZON (1) MY BEAUTY DIARY (1) NAIL POLISH (1) NATRALUS (1) NATRALUS NATURAL PRODUCTS (1) NATURAL PALETTE FOREVER 21 (1) NUFFNANG (2) NUFFNANG 5TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY (1) NUFFNANG BLOGGER EVENT (1) NUFFNANG PHILIPPINES (2) ORGANIC SKINCARE (1) PALETTE (1) PAW PAW OINTMENTS (1) PAW PAW PRODUCTS (1) PEACHY PINK SISTERS (1) PINK FAIR (2) PRIMER (2) PRODUCT REVIEW (2) REVIEW (6) REVIEWS (3) ROSE CAKE (1) SAIZEN (1) SANITIZER (1) SCRUB (1) SHEET MASK (1) SHU UEMURA (1) SKIN CARE (2) SKIN SHOP (1) SKINCARE (1) SM MEGA MALL (1) SM NORTH EDSA (2) SNAIL GEL (1) SNAIL MASK (1) SWATCHES (1) SWEET RECIPE (3) THE FACE SHOP (1) THE FASHION ACADEMY (2) TONY MOLY (3) TONY MOLY BB CREAM (1) TONY MOLY BB CREAM REVIEW (1) TONY MOLY EXPERT TRIPLE BB CREAM (1) TONY MOLY INTENSE REPAIR LIVE SNAIL CREAM (1) TONY MOLY INTENSE REPAIR LIVE SNAIL HYDRO-GEL MASK (1) TONY MOLY PHILIPPINES (1) TONY MOLY SALE (1) TONY MOLY SKIN CARE (1) TONY MOLY SNAIL BB CREAM (1) TONY MOLY SNAIL CREAM (1) TONY MOLY SNAIL MASK (1) TONYMOLY (1) TOUS LES JOURS (1) TRUTH OR DARE (1) VERY SEXY (1) VICTORIA'S SECRET (1) WINNERS (1) WORKSHOP (1)

ShareThis