Thursday, March 21, 2013

REVIEW: Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base Mint


Welcome to the second part of my Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Review
This one is #1 Mint Choux 

Same packaging as the the Berry Choux only difference is when you look at the box, on the upper left hand corner the cream filling for the Mint Choux is green. (check out part one review to see photo)  

Has no scent, texture is also soft & fluffy. 

taken with flash on 
reminds me of shrek! though I hope I don't turn out to be one! LoL

Swatches: 

on my hand
blended 
both pictures taken with natural lighting

As you know green is meant to conceal redness, may it be red spots or acne marks. Now let's test this baby and see if it lives up to its promises. 

applied on my face without moisturizer and blended
this is taken under natural lighting and as you can see my face is lighter than my neck

blended and taken with flash on. YES it's reflective in flash photography

Tada! with bb cream, blush and gloss.
Looks au naturel and my pimples are less visible. This was taken at 8am, once again it's errand day. 

taken at 2pm after 6 hours of frolicking under the sun. I did not blot and you can see my oils are starting to show up on my nose, cheek & chin area. 

Overall, I love this product too! Compared to the Berry Choux, I like this one better because the redness of my face was toned down after application.


PRO:
• conceals redness & pimple marks
• SPF 25 PA++ 
• no scent
• Not sticky
• Feels light on skin
• easy to blend
• controls oil
• cute packaging
• three variants available
• made my bb cream/foundation last longer
• a little goes a long way
• P628 for 25g


CONS:
• no spatula
• reflective on flash photography
• glass tub might break if dropped


THE VERDICT: 
Cheaper than other primers, once and delivered its claim.
Do I recommend this: yes, if you need to conceal your acne marks or redness in your face by all means grab this plus with its lasting and oil control power, it's worth it.
Will I repurchase: Hell to the yes :) 


DISCLAIMER: Products were given to me by Etude House Philippines secret recipe launch as part of the press kit.  I was not paid by Etude House Philippines to review this product. All thoughts and opinions expressed are mine. 





17 comments:

  1. hmm ok siya, so far lahat ng reviews positive :) i want to buy soon! pero baka yung peach colored yung bagay sakin <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. You just convinced me to buy this. I'll try to stay away from camera flash, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like effective :> I see the difference though you are still beautiful :> I love etude from the start :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only gripe is that they come in a glass container. But this product looks really promising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. try it na then let me know how it goes for you. Ako din I want to try it kasi its for yellow undertones :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't tried any products from Etude House. Oh poor me. Lol. But I think I should try one someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i like your review :) in the last pic they still can cover the acne. nice product! what bb cream you are using?


    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely!! i might visit n tlg etude house one of this days! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah that's the only downside of it :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. you should! I' sure you'll find something you like :) besides the fact that their product is pocket friendly ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Inge! I'm using Tony Moly snail bb cream here ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking for a primer and a concealer, looks like I'm giving this a try. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great after you apply the rest of your makeup. Does it still reflect light even after the BB Cream? If that's the case, I guess this is more of a day time makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. haven't tried this product since,but it looks promising.nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  15. good, got to try this once and see

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely need that to conceal the red parts of my face. I will have to check out the Etude house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's great that it works for you... but it's too dry for my skin..http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/2013/06/review-etude-house-baby-choux-base-mint.html

    ReplyDelete

Labels

ALOVE VERA (1) APRICOT (1) ART OF BEAUTY WORKSHOP (1) ASIAN COSMETICS (2) BABY CHOUX BASE (2) BB CREAM (1) BB CREAM REVIEW (1) BB CREAM SWATCHES (1) BEAUTY (1) BERRY BABY CHOUX (1) BLOG EVENT (2) BLOG EVENTS (1) BLUSHER (1) BOROUGH PODIUM (1) BOROUGH RESTAURANT (1) BRONZER (1) CHARM BRUSHES REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL BRUSH SET REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL PRO BRUSH REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL PRO BRUSH SET V3 REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL PRO V3 (1) CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE (1) CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE SHEET MASK REVIEW (1) COLLECTIVE HAUL (2) CONTEST (2) CREAMY PENCIL (1) DICKINSON'S (1) DRAWING SHOW (1) ELF (2) ELF POWDER BRUSH REVIEW (1) ETUDE HOUSE (13) ETUDE HOUSE DRAWING SHOW CREAMY PENCIL (1) ETUDE HOUSE HAPPY TEA TIME MILK TEA CLEANSING CREAM (1) ETUDE HOUSE HAPPY TEATIME MILK TEA CLEANSING CREAM (1) ETUDE HOUSE JUNE 2012 PRESS KIT (1) ETUDE HOUSE LIP AND EYE REMOVER (1) ETUDE HOUSE LOVELY COOKIE BLUSHER (1) ETUDE HOUSE LOVELY COOKIE BLUSHER CARROT CHEESECAKE (1) ETUDE HOUSE PHILIPPINES (10) ETUDE HOUSE PLAYHOUSE (3) ETUDE HOUSE PLAYHOUSE PINK FAIR EVENT (1) ETUDE HOUSE PRIMER (2) ETUDE HOUSE SKIN CARE (3) EVENT (5) EVENTS (2) EYE MAKEUP (1) EYE MAKEUP REMOVER (1) EYE SHADOWS (1) EYELINER (1) EYESHADOW (1) FACE (1) FACE BASE (2) FACE SHOP NAIL POLISH (1) FLAT TOP BRUSH (1) FOREVER 21 (1) FOREVER 21 NATURAL PALETTE (1) GIVEAWAY (4) GIVEAWAYS (2) HAPPY TEA TIME GREEN TEA (1) HAUL (4) HAULS (2) IMPRESS (1) JAPANESE BRAND (2) JYJ (1) KANEBO (2) KANEBO EVENT (1) KANEBO EYE SHADOW PALLET (1) KANEBO WIDE EDGE EYES (1) KATE (1) KOREAN FACIAL CLEANSER (1) KOREAN FACIAL WASH (1) KOREAN MAKE UP (2) KOREAN SKIN CARE (1) LAUNCH (1) LOOSE SHIMMER POWDER (1) LOVE AND BEAUTY (1) LUNASOL (1) MAKE UP (2) MAKEOVER (1) MAKEUP (2) MAKEUP BRUSHES (1) MAKEUP REMOVER (2) MEG (2) MILK TEA (1) MINT BABY CHOUX (1) MIZON (1) MY BEAUTY DIARY (1) NAIL POLISH (1) NATRALUS (1) NATRALUS NATURAL PRODUCTS (1) NATURAL PALETTE FOREVER 21 (1) NUFFNANG (2) NUFFNANG 5TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY (1) NUFFNANG BLOGGER EVENT (1) NUFFNANG PHILIPPINES (2) ORGANIC SKINCARE (1) PALETTE (1) PAW PAW OINTMENTS (1) PAW PAW PRODUCTS (1) PEACHY PINK SISTERS (1) PINK FAIR (2) PRIMER (2) PRODUCT REVIEW (2) REVIEW (6) REVIEWS (3) ROSE CAKE (1) SAIZEN (1) SANITIZER (1) SCRUB (1) SHEET MASK (1) SHU UEMURA (1) SKIN CARE (2) SKIN SHOP (1) SKINCARE (1) SM MEGA MALL (1) SM NORTH EDSA (2) SNAIL GEL (1) SNAIL MASK (1) SWATCHES (1) SWEET RECIPE (3) THE FACE SHOP (1) THE FASHION ACADEMY (2) TONY MOLY (3) TONY MOLY BB CREAM (1) TONY MOLY BB CREAM REVIEW (1) TONY MOLY EXPERT TRIPLE BB CREAM (1) TONY MOLY INTENSE REPAIR LIVE SNAIL CREAM (1) TONY MOLY INTENSE REPAIR LIVE SNAIL HYDRO-GEL MASK (1) TONY MOLY PHILIPPINES (1) TONY MOLY SALE (1) TONY MOLY SKIN CARE (1) TONY MOLY SNAIL BB CREAM (1) TONY MOLY SNAIL CREAM (1) TONY MOLY SNAIL MASK (1) TONYMOLY (1) TOUS LES JOURS (1) TRUTH OR DARE (1) VERY SEXY (1) VICTORIA'S SECRET (1) WINNERS (1) WORKSHOP (1)

ShareThis