Monday, January 30, 2012

REVIEW: Forever 21 Natural Palette by Love & Beauty



While shopping at Megamall the other day, I thought of dropping by the Forever 21 outlet.  I found this natural palette (see pic below) that costs P435 but with a 10% off, I just paid  P391.50 (do the conversion USD readers J



What attracts me most to this palette is the fact that it’s a good alternative for the more expensive Urban Decay Naked Palette!  The minute I saw this I grabbed it! You get 10 shadows, black eyeliner and a brush with sponge tip. The packaging is compact, which means  you can carry it in your bag and it's in an attractive cheetah design.

I love the pretty mix of neutrals – both with satin/shimmery and matte shades.  With the number of shadows you could mix and match, daytime and nighttime looks will never be a problem again. 

Check out the palettes and swatches below.



                                                                    

Here’s my take on the Forever 21 Lovely and Beauty:



PROS:
  • Relatively affordable
  • Compact & sturdy packaging
  • Good-sized mirror
  • Buildable 
  • Blends well
  • Good variety of colors and finishes
  • 8/10 of the colors are fairly pigmented


CONS:
  • Powdery /chalky
  • Fallouts
  • Eyeliner doesn't glide on easily, a bit hard/rough on the lids and easily rubs off or smudges
  • Brush applicator is flimsy and not as sturdy
  • Sponge tip is rough and will definitely get dirty after a few uses.  I suggest that you replace it as often as necessary. 
  • Creases after about 4-5 hours without primer but still depends how oily your lids are. 


THE VERDICT:

It’s a good basic everyday palette although it takes a bit of building up as some colors don't really show up. Other colors on the other hand are pigmented on their own.  Works well if you have a primer on. 

Overall, with its affordability – it definitely is a good deal!


4 comments:

  1. hi! Your post is so informative! :) I was so excited reading it.
    Yeah I think that pallete can be a dupe for UD naked palette which is way way more cheaper.
    Is it always available at Forever 21 mega? I mean are there a lot of stock when you went there?
    Wanna buy and try it! I have the stila natural eyes pallete that I bought at Rustans.
    I'm a sucker of nude eyeshadows but still doesn't have the UD naked pallete.. :(
    I went to their FB page but I didnt saw that palette. ugh
    I don't know if they carry it at all Forever 21 branch here in P.I

    Pls tell me! lol really wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the time I bought this it was the last piece but they had a lot of stocks for the smokey version of this. Last time i went to F21 mega its already out of stock and I haven't seen this in other F21 stores. I saw something similar to Nxy nude and nude palette though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Love, I know what you mean UD is also expensive here :) Korean & Japanese products are more affordable and it's the current fave here :) Glad you enjoyed reading my posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiii! =D
    I loved this idea!
    You know, UD isn´t affordable...on my case...
    So, I love these Good Beautiful and Affordable products!!
    In Portuguese we say BBB (Bom, Bonito e Barato)
    I´m Brazilian, living in Japan, I love ETUDE HOUSE, FOREVER 21...
    I´m enjoying to read your blog and see so much more than other blogs post.
    Nice meeting you! (*^_^*)
    I´ll be around!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

ALOVE VERA (1) APRICOT (1) ART OF BEAUTY WORKSHOP (1) ASIAN COSMETICS (2) BABY CHOUX BASE (2) BB CREAM (1) BB CREAM REVIEW (1) BB CREAM SWATCHES (1) BEAUTY (1) BERRY BABY CHOUX (1) BLOG EVENT (2) BLOG EVENTS (1) BLUSHER (1) BOROUGH PODIUM (1) BOROUGH RESTAURANT (1) BRONZER (1) CHARM BRUSHES REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL BRUSH SET REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL PRO BRUSH REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL PRO BRUSH SET V3 REVIEW (1) CHARM TRAVEL PRO V3 (1) CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE (1) CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE SHEET MASK REVIEW (1) COLLECTIVE HAUL (2) CONTEST (2) CREAMY PENCIL (1) DICKINSON'S (1) DRAWING SHOW (1) ELF (2) ELF POWDER BRUSH REVIEW (1) ETUDE HOUSE (13) ETUDE HOUSE DRAWING SHOW CREAMY PENCIL (1) ETUDE HOUSE HAPPY TEA TIME MILK TEA CLEANSING CREAM (1) ETUDE HOUSE HAPPY TEATIME MILK TEA CLEANSING CREAM (1) ETUDE HOUSE JUNE 2012 PRESS KIT (1) ETUDE HOUSE LIP AND EYE REMOVER (1) ETUDE HOUSE LOVELY COOKIE BLUSHER (1) ETUDE HOUSE LOVELY COOKIE BLUSHER CARROT CHEESECAKE (1) ETUDE HOUSE PHILIPPINES (10) ETUDE HOUSE PLAYHOUSE (3) ETUDE HOUSE PLAYHOUSE PINK FAIR EVENT (1) ETUDE HOUSE PRIMER (2) ETUDE HOUSE SKIN CARE (3) EVENT (5) EVENTS (2) EYE MAKEUP (1) EYE MAKEUP REMOVER (1) EYE SHADOWS (1) EYELINER (1) EYESHADOW (1) FACE (1) FACE BASE (2) FACE SHOP NAIL POLISH (1) FLAT TOP BRUSH (1) FOREVER 21 (1) FOREVER 21 NATURAL PALETTE (1) GIVEAWAY (4) GIVEAWAYS (2) HAPPY TEA TIME GREEN TEA (1) HAUL (4) HAULS (2) IMPRESS (1) JAPANESE BRAND (2) JYJ (1) KANEBO (2) KANEBO EVENT (1) KANEBO EYE SHADOW PALLET (1) KANEBO WIDE EDGE EYES (1) KATE (1) KOREAN FACIAL CLEANSER (1) KOREAN FACIAL WASH (1) KOREAN MAKE UP (2) KOREAN SKIN CARE (1) LAUNCH (1) LOOSE SHIMMER POWDER (1) LOVE AND BEAUTY (1) LUNASOL (1) MAKE UP (2) MAKEOVER (1) MAKEUP (2) MAKEUP BRUSHES (1) MAKEUP REMOVER (2) MEG (2) MILK TEA (1) MINT BABY CHOUX (1) MIZON (1) MY BEAUTY DIARY (1) NAIL POLISH (1) NATRALUS (1) NATRALUS NATURAL PRODUCTS (1) NATURAL PALETTE FOREVER 21 (1) NUFFNANG (2) NUFFNANG 5TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY (1) NUFFNANG BLOGGER EVENT (1) NUFFNANG PHILIPPINES (2) ORGANIC SKINCARE (1) PALETTE (1) PAW PAW OINTMENTS (1) PAW PAW PRODUCTS (1) PEACHY PINK SISTERS (1) PINK FAIR (2) PRIMER (2) PRODUCT REVIEW (2) REVIEW (6) REVIEWS (3) ROSE CAKE (1) SAIZEN (1) SANITIZER (1) SCRUB (1) SHEET MASK (1) SHU UEMURA (1) SKIN CARE (2) SKIN SHOP (1) SKINCARE (1) SM MEGA MALL (1) SM NORTH EDSA (2) SNAIL GEL (1) SNAIL MASK (1) SWATCHES (1) SWEET RECIPE (3) THE FACE SHOP (1) THE FASHION ACADEMY (2) TONY MOLY (3) TONY MOLY BB CREAM (1) TONY MOLY BB CREAM REVIEW (1) TONY MOLY EXPERT TRIPLE BB CREAM (1) TONY MOLY INTENSE REPAIR LIVE SNAIL CREAM (1) TONY MOLY INTENSE REPAIR LIVE SNAIL HYDRO-GEL MASK (1) TONY MOLY PHILIPPINES (1) TONY MOLY SALE (1) TONY MOLY SKIN CARE (1) TONY MOLY SNAIL BB CREAM (1) TONY MOLY SNAIL CREAM (1) TONY MOLY SNAIL MASK (1) TONYMOLY (1) TOUS LES JOURS (1) TRUTH OR DARE (1) VERY SEXY (1) VICTORIA'S SECRET (1) WINNERS (1) WORKSHOP (1)

ShareThis